💼 Part-Time/ Paid
Rogue Wave Marketing, Inc. is a women-owned Digital Marketing Agency with offices in Brookfield, WI and Neenah, WI. We help small to midsize businesses get better results from their marketing so they can focus on growing their business. We get super excited about driving business growth for our clients and are looking for people who take pride in their marketing work and enjoy having fun at the same time. We are seeking a talented web designer / developer with a passion for creating cutting-edge web design work. You will be working with a team that includes graphic designers, copywriters and project managers. If this sounds like you, come and join our wave!
To ensure success as a Rogue Wave Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress Developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications for Rogue Wave Marketing. This position is a 6- month (PAID) internship. It is a hybrid position with weekly meetings with management, flexible hours and days, and averages 12+ hours per week. Upon completion of the internship, Interns will receive a letter of recommendation, gain valuable skills necessary in the field of website design and digital marketing, and may be eligible for a paid position.
- Design, develop, and maintain web pages for our company website & client websites.
- Create new visual designs for use on the web, or apply existing RWM styles to new web projects.
- Participate with designers in formal and informal design critiques. Be a constructive member of the design team.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Mapping new website architecture for a better user experience.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Collaboration with colleagues in a team environment and some client interaction.
- Manage multiple projects and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student pursuing a degree in Web Design, Web Development, Graphic Design, or Design and Visual Communications.
- Knowledge of designing user interfaces for web and mobile
- Works well in a team environment, able to collaborate, critique, receive critique, and clearly/creatively communicate design rationale
- Knowledge of modern HTML5 and CSS3 web design patterns, including mobile and responsive websites preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to work on projects independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to continuously learn and communicate technical information.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Must be able to design websites using word press without assistance.
- Must be able to commit to at least 10 hours a week
- Must have both reliable internet connection and a laptop/desktop to complete work.