Help Through Hashtags
The awesome experts at Culinary Agents share a comprehensive listing of Instagram hashtags that are helping local restaurant across the country stay visible and supported during this time:
Political Support Initiatives:
- #TooSmallToFail: Campaign to urge restaurant customers to call lawmakers and lobby on behalf of independent restaurants
- #SaveAmericanHospitality: Used by chefs and restaurant owners organizing political efforts
- #SaveRestaurants/ #RestaurantRecovery: Campaign for restaurant customers to call on Congress to help on behalf of independent restaurants
To Provide Assistance and Community Support:
- #ReliefForRestaurants: For restaurants and hospitality professionals seeking assistance
- #RallyForRestaurants: Help social media users search for restaurants to support
- #SupportLocalRestaurants/#SupportLocal /#SupportLocalBusiness: Campaigns to bring awareness to local restaurants and small business
Increase Awareness of Takeout Meals:
- #CarryOut/ #OrderIn: Used by restaurants to indicate they’re open for takeout orders
- #CurbSide/ #CurbSidePickup: Used by restaurants open for pickup meals, literally at the curb
- #DineLocal: Campaign to encourage dining locally
- #StillOpen/ #WereOpen: Awareness about restaurants still open
3 Tips For Marketing Your Restaurant During COVID-19
As a small business owner, you bring your heart and soul to work every day. That’s why once you’ve made safety a priority for your staff and customers, get updates and resources from the National Restaurant Association and use these three tips for marketing your restaurant during COVID-19 and forge onward:
Update Your Online Presence.
This includes everything from your website and Facebook pages to listings you have on Google My Business or Yelp. Be clear about what you’re now offering, and include timely information like current business hours, services (curbside, delivery, etc.), and how customers can place an order (call, text, online, etc.).
Be Flexible and Convenient.
From a sanitized carryout counter to curbside pickup and home delivery, give customers several ways to enjoy your offerings so they feel like they can support your establishment while dining safely.
Offer More than Menu Items.
Many folks want to support locals restaurant beyond placing orders. Gift cards, clothing, glassware, and other merchandise you may have sold onsite are great options to offer for online purchase or curbside pickup.
Rogue Wave Marketing is Ready When You Are
We’ll all get through this time, and people will be hungrier than ever to eat out again. When that time comes, Rogue Wave Marketing is here to help. Contact us to learn more about ways you can get ready with marketing resources now for a strong return in your near future.